09 September 2009

Alice in Victoria



The beautiful baby blue skirt is a cotton and silk high-waisted mini, directly off the streets of Harajuku. One of the famous styles in Harajuku are the cute Lolita girls. The Lolita subculture has a very distinct style, incorporating baby doll, victorian style dresses, large hair bows and hats, knee high stockings and pretty much anything thats cute and a little over-the-top. Gothic, Sweet, Punk and Classic Lolita's can be found all over Tokyo and I must say, Im sweetly falling in love with the style, quickly. I used an old HnM black lace top and gave it some of my own love, with a pair of scissors. The black and gold detailed jacket and the black bow gloves are two of my latest finds from HnM. My sweet little bag is another charity store jewel! Labeled Monte Negreo made in Japan 1983, it sold for 500 yen ($5.40 US), a very lovely buy! For my second Autumn look, I took inspiration from the adorable Harajuku Girls and the elegant Victorian era.

No comments:

Post a Comment